NHRD Chennai – February Monthly meeting – Feb – 2014
Talent : The Game Changer – by Naveen Narayanan – HCL Technologies
This session was a special feast as the speaker put forth a lot of questions for the audience to ponder upon, rather than giving just plain suggestions tailor-made for specific situations.
A few of what was discussed are presented here:
- Ascertaining from your employees as to what they perceive the performance of your organization to be!
- Imagining the level of transparency required for the organization, across levels.
- What the role of HR is in today’s scenario.
- How much of the workforce is contingent.
- Facets of social sourcing and its options available for HR use.
- Reversing the trend of HR by each level working for the lower rung!
- Checking out the top grosser on the social media and searching for search optimizers.
- As a company, how visible or accessible are you?
- Plotting the HR changes every decade and seeing a pattern evolve!
- Are we missing out on the tangential crowd due to technological enhancements?
- Technology providing a leveler to all companies on pitting themselves along with the top ones.
- What is your state of readiness to meet future needs?
- Continuous company updates to the talent pool.
- Facets of digital branding index and talent brand index
- JD writing by offering a host of choice of skills and descriptions to the techie
- Sharply defining the profile and the analytics.
- Evolving toolboxes for the HR Managers
- Usage and development of smart Applicant Tracking Systems
- Application of gamification on a technical platform.
- Usage of trawler engines for hiring services.